Sunday, March 8, 2009

Mouse vs. Dyson

Okay, so on Friday I was doing a little cleaning, and decided to move the sectional in the eatery to vacuum underneath it and find all the toys that had been pushed all the way to the back. So, I had all the different pieces scattered around the room. I was standing next to the biggest piece thinking about whether or not to rearrange the furniture to make room for our flat screen tv that we were going to be getting out of storage. When, much to my suprise, I looked down at the biggest piece and this is what was sticking it's little head out between the cushion and the back of the couch! Yep, you guessed it a mouse!!! I screamed ran in the house and called Bo at work. Later that evening we finally decided that we had better face this little mouse and the problem he was going to cause if we didn't catch him. So, out to the eatery we went. Bo went straight to the piece where I told him the mouse was. (I, of course, at this point was having Washington Mouse flashbacks!!! See earlier post almost a year ago!) Bo moved one cushion. Nothing. Then he moved the next and there the little bugger was. Bo yelled at me to hand the suction nozzle of the vacuum. I did as I was ordered. Handed him the nozzle, turned on the vacuum, and . . . .
. . . . . sssswwwooooooosssshhhh . . . . THUMP!!!! Bo had vacuumed that mouse right up!!! We started to laugh so hard! We ran outside and dumped him in the garbage.
Once we removed the cushion, we discovered his nest that he had been making. Then, in one of the other sectional pieces we discovered a whole dish of dog food, sugar babies and other small pieces of candy that this mouse had been storing!!! I HATE mice and will remember this "mouse experience" for a very long time!!!!

14 comments:

Kris said...

Oh my heck!!! I would totally scream too!!! Good thinking with the vaccum though!!!

Googs said...

It is good to know that my dyson will work on the little vermin too. Good job!!

Matt and Penny said...

Wow I want a dyson not for mice but just cleaning. They must have a lot of suction. I feel for you. I hate mice. We have only had a few but wouldn't you quess they come right during hunting season when Matt has been gone. Makes for a BAD day:(

Jarad said...

Ewww!

The Mom said...

"Bo Bo he's our man, if he can't do it..... Dyson Can!"
LOVE the story.

Krazy Keetch's said...

Lol looks like the dyson won! That's funny. I'm scared of mice, so I would've peed my pants.

Michelle said...

That is the best story I have heard today. We had an infestation of them a while back - the vacuum would have made the adventure more fun!

M-n-M said...

Oh no please tell me you are kidding. A vacuum really??, I mean dysons are incredible but I don't believe they recommend using them on mice! However Bo is one of a kind and I have to say I am not suprised, on monday he stuck a huge needle in a guys EYE and I didnt think needles were used for that!!

Great memory for a good laugh though.

Adrianne said...

Ohhh gross! I don't think I could have laughed that one off! uggh I am squirming just thinking about it.

Colleen and Justin said...

YUCK! Mice are the reason we always had cats! Glad you caught him and I hope he wasn't planning a family reunion in your couch. I guess you'll be ready if he was!

Anonymous said...

I'am glad I was't home I hate those little creatures. You need to write dyson and tell them to invent a new hose to vaccum up those little friends you could get rich off of this little adventure.
Keep sending those pictures.

Love You Mom and Dad

Al said...

Well at least you know the mouse was storing the candy. If it were my house I know it would be one of the boys! This story is hilarious!

Trish said...

Ha! That is so funny! I would have been screaming, too!!

Cindy G said...

No lie - I've had one run through my hair in my sleep...not once, but TWICE!!!